Video is one of the most engaging ways to create content. Plus, since our audience can see us, the level of trust we build is higher. How is creating video content for social media platforms different from what we see on television? What equipment do we need? Most importantly, what kinds of topics should we cover to attract as many viewers as possible? In this episode, Sue "Pinky" Benson talks about how she generates leads and builds trust in a highly competitive market by using video.
Answering common questions for video content are easy, ‘low-hanging fruit’. -Sue “Pinky” Benson
Takeaways + Tactics
- Being authentic and using a vlogging style is more relatable and friendly to viewers.
- Being genuine gains more trust. Real estate agents often invest too much into creating a professional persona, and most clients see it as “trying too hard”.
- Our audience dictates our behavior on camera, and it depends on our demographic. If we want to make video work for us, we have to ask ourselves, “What clients do we want to work with?”.
- Millenials don’t want to be sold to. They want a real person, and not a salesman.
In the beginning of the episode, we talked about how agents should present themselves on camera and why we don’t have to emulate the people we see on television. Next, we talked about the importance of figuring out what audience we want to reach and how this will decide the type of content we create.
We also shared insights on:
- How social media promotions work and why consistency is vital
- Why sharing political views or religious views might alienate some of our prospects and make us lose business
- Why we don’t need expensive equipment and editing tools to make make good videos
Video marketing is all about building trust and showing our audience that we have the answers to their questions. What helps our message truly get through the screen is speaking the language of our audience. The demographic of our ideal client is what determines the tone, language used, and content delivery.
Sue "Pinky" Benson is a real estate video influencer, speaker, and real estate agent in Naples, Florida.
She was featured on National Association of Realtors Magazine and Florida Realtor Magazine and has been recognized by major publications as a video marketing expert across North America.