In today’s world, social media has become a crucial component for success in the real estate industry; we have to take posting content seriously. How can we gain a following without spending too much time and money on creating perfectly lit and edited videos? What content should be in our videos, and why should we be thinking about repurposing everything?
On this episode, online presence expert and speaker, Italina Kirknis, shares how to offer fresh content that elevates our brands.
In your day-in-the-life videos, be sure to share advice as you’re walking from property to property. -Italina Kirknis
Takeaways + Tactics
- Stop obsessing over creating the ‘perfect’ video with professional lighting, audio and editing. Less polished videos are growing in popularity.
- When sharing a video, always offer advice. We can position ourselves as experts by giving professional insights while going about our daily routines.
- Repurposing content is vital. Once we have a video, transcribe it and put it into a brochure. We already have the content - make the most of it!
At the start of the episode, Italina shared why it’s so important for us to know what we’re promoting before sharing any content. She explained that having an in-depth understanding of the brand lets us customize our content and see better results.
We also shared insights on:
- Fresh, exciting ways to share testimonials
- When it’s a good idea to spend more time and money on videos
- The social media platforms we should be focusing on
Social media is vital for success in real estate, so we need to be conscious of what we’re sharing with our followers. Luckily, online trends have shown that less polished (and less expensive) videos are becoming increasingly popular. Instead of spending a lot of money on a stiff, scripted video, we need to let our authenticity shine through. As long as we offer viewers something of value, we’ll be positioning ourselves as experts in our markets. Once we capture the content we want to share, don’t stop at one platform or format. Repurpose everything, and make the most of it.
Italina Kirknis is a speaker, Inman.com contributor and online presence expert. She is passionate about helping brands find their feet in the online space, and aims to inspire others to create exceptional lives for themselves. Italina enjoys teaching people how to leverage Linkedin to boost their success and strongly believes in creating customized content for all her clients.
To find out more about Italina, head to:
To read her most recently published Inman.com article, follow the link in her bio on Instagram: @Italinak
You can also sign up to be part of her newsletter list on realestatelinkedin.com