Starting fresh in a new market can be a daunting experience for agents, and making a name for ourselves can be incredibly difficult when we don’t have a database. How can we establish ourselves as successful agents when we’re new to an area- and what can we do to win over the local luxury market? How can we compete alongside agents who have been serving the area for decades? On this episode, Realtor at Keller Williams Realty Palo Alto, Maria Afzal shares how to make a name for ourselves when we’re new to a market.
If you want to serve the local luxury market, you have to live, socialize and interact in the area. -Maria Afzal
Takeaways + Tactics
- Whenever we’re new to an area, socializing with new people is important. However, if we want to establish ourselves as successful agents in the market, we have to make sure the people we spend most of our time with are also successful.
- To serve a luxury community, we have to be a part of it. To show our authenticity, it’s important we live alongside and socialize with the luxury community.
- Pick the right mentor. Some agents have been working an area for decades, so if we want to enter the space, their guidance and mentorship is key.
On this episode, we spoke about how to market ourselves to a luxury market when we’re new to the space. After discussing the importance of using our marketing to highlight our integrity, we mentioned why it’s key to build relationships with other honest, integrity-driven agents across the country.
We also discussed:
- How to avoid being surrounded by negativity
- The pros and cons of working with celebrity clients
- How the unprecedented challenges posed by 2020 will impact the luxury market
Maria Afzal is a Realtor and proud member of the Keller Williams Realty Palo Alto team. After starting her career in real estate in Virginia, her love of the industry took her across the country, and in 2016 she entered the world of Luxury Real Estate in Silicon Valley. Maria is a Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist - Million Dollar Guild Member. She is also a member of the National Association of Realtors, California Association of Realtors, Silicon Valley Association of Realtors, and The Institute of Luxury Home Marketing.
To find out more about Maria, head to:
You can also email her directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
And text her on 650 561 6073