Many people who become business owners believe they need to personally work harder in order to achieve more in their business. Is putting in more of your time and effort really what your business needs? Is that even sustainable? On this episode, I talk with Jeff Cohn, founder of Omaha’s Elite Real Estate Group and host of the Team Building podcast, to share his thoughts on leveraging teams and how he’s done it so successfully.
If you can leverage the things you don’t love, let someone else do it. -Jeff Cohn
Takeaways + Tactics
- If you want to build a business, you need to create a team and framework that will be able to withstand your exit.
- Hire a team of people who enjoy doing the things you don’t. This way, no one is wasting their time doing things they don’t want to do.
- Avoid using your name in your business. Using your name as branding makes it harder to step away, as people will know your name and want to work with you specifically.
At the start of the episode, Jeff emphasized his passion for teaching real estate agents how to move away from being cogs in the machinery to business owners. He also outlined the importance of creating teams with the intention of stepping away from your business.
We also shared insights on:
- Why you need to know what you’re doing before you hire a team
- Who your first hires should be
- The hardest and most important hire on your team- the buyers assistant
The people you hire for your team are important, and they’ll play a huge role in your business going forward. However, don’t feel overwhelmed by this. The only way you’ll be able to scale your business and ultimately move away from it is by hiring other people and leveraging their talents. Focus on creating a legacy rather than a job you’ll be stuck in for years to come.
Jeff Cohn is the founder of Omaha’s Elite Real Estate Group, as well as the host of the Team Building podcast. Under his leadership, Omaha’s Elite Real Estate Group has become the top team in the Berkshire Hathaway Group, worldwide. Jeff is adamant that this is because of his dynamic team, and he is passionate about teaching people that they can become business owners, rather than cogs in the machine. Jeff is also extremely enthusiastic about sharing his tricks and suggestions with everyone interested. Totally opposed to a scarcity mentality, Jeff believes that everyone is capable of greatness if they work smarter.
To learn more about Jeff, head to: https://www.omahaseliterealestategroup.com/
To get tickets for the Berkshire Hathaway Group Shareholder Meeting, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ers-berkshire-hathaway-shareholder-meeting-workshop-tickets-55662520096