Hope everyone is staying healthy and positive with COVID-19. When our economy loosens up, there will be many high net worth buyers aiming to purchase more international properties. Agents should familiarize the complexities of international transactions.
What concerns do high net worth sellers have when choosing agents? What are the benefits of buying properties in Mexico? Do we need to be fluent in Spanish to be successful in the Mexican market? What do we need to know about the transaction process in the country?
On this episode, the past President of Keller Williams Luxury Division Mexico, Ramon Davila, shares how to build relationships with agents Internationally and how to invest in property in Mexico.
Low property taxes and the current state of the Peso offer great opportunities for US investors to buy property in Mexico. -Ramon Davila
Takeaways + Tactics
- Let buyers know the benefits: properties in Mexico have around 14% value-add every year, and rented out properties see 5-6% return on investments annually.
- It’s a good idea to have fluent Spanish-speakers on our teams. While most international luxury buyers can speak English, it’s always helpful to have a Spanish-speaking team member to assist with details and contracts.
- When it comes to transactions in Mexico, confidentiality is key. Instead of signs and advertisements, most sellers prefer to have their properties handled discreetly.
At the start of this episode, we heard some of the benefits of investing in property in Mexico. After learning that property tax is low in the country, we also spoke about how the exchange rate benefits American buyers.
We also shared insights on:
- Why Mexican buyers are looking to invest internationally
- Key Millennial buying trends
- How to contact sellers discreetly
Free download Call-to-Action - Become a Certified Luxury Listing Specialist and learn how to break in and dominate high end homes in your market. Learn more about the LUXE Luxury Listing Specialist Certification at luxurylistingspecialist.com.
Ramon Davila is an agent at Keller Williams, where he runs a successful team. Together with his team, Ramon works with investors and commercial properties. He also helped launch the Keller Williams luxury division. Ramon is enthusiastic about the opportunities for foreign investors in Mexico, and is excited by any opportunity to help international buyers and sellers gain a foothold in the country.
To find out more about Ramon, head to:
You can also reach him directly on firstname.lastname@example.org