Keeping the consumer informed about the market and where it’s going is one of the most valuable things we can bring to the table as an agent. How do we make sure we present this data and information in a way clients can understand and retain? Why is it important to focus on more than just our local markets? Where are home prices headed as we get into a new year? On this episode, I’m joined by Keeping Current Matters VP of Content, Sales & Marketing, David Childers, and Senior Content Developer Morgan Tranquist to share why it’s important for us to stay current with what’s happening in the market, wherever we are.
Powerful, relevant visuals give clients the best opportunity to understand what is going on and the nuances of the real estate market. -David Childers, Keeping Current Matters
Takeaways + Tactics
- When someone is thinking of buying or selling a house, they pay more attention to the news. We have to connect the dots between national and local. Acknowledge what the buyer/seller has heard and then drill it down to their locality.
- When demonstrated visually, retention of a concept goes up significantly.
- Have the heart of a teacher, not a salesman.
At the start of the show, David shared how KCM got started and how they’ve set the bar high for helping agents become experts on the market and win more opportunities and listings. Next, we talked about the importance of visuals and how the downturn created a lot of misinformation and paralysis.
We also discussed:
- The importance of connecting local and national market knowledge
- Why we should be encouraged by where housing prices are going
As real estate professionals, our jobs aren’t done until our clients are truly informed. We aren’t salespeople— we should be teachers first and foremost. We have to be willing to take the time in every presentation to teach our clients. It’s our responsibility to stay up-to-date with the market and present the data in a visually appealing way so it really sticks with the client. Local knowledge simply isn’t enough. It’s crucial to be aware of what’s happening nationally, and still relate it to the local market.
David is the VP of Content, Sales & Marketing and Morgan is a Senior Content Developer at Keeping Current Matters.