Success in real estate relies on marketing, so it’s important that agents have effective strategies. What are some ways to market yourself and see great results? Can you do it without being attached to a well-known brand? On this episode, I talk with Jay Macklin, owner of Platinum Living Realty, to hear how he’s branded himself and what it’s done for his business.
It’s not about the agent. It’s about what’s in it for the consumer. -Jay Macklin
Takeaways + Tactics
- Spend less time worrying about the brand you’re attached to and focus on your client’s experience with you, personally.
- Articulate your unique and compelling value to your consumer. If you’re going above and beyond, ensure your customer knows that.
- If you’re new to luxury real estate, immerse yourself in the market by going on broker’s tours and open houses.
At the start of the episode, Jay shared on his background and gave a brief overview of his timeline in the real estate industry. He then spoke about how agents should go about their marketing and branding. Jay mentioned that you don’t need to be attached to a powerful brand— just focus on letting clients know you’re the agent they should approach.
We also shared insights on:
- Why your focus should be all about your client
- How to target your marketing for effective results
- Why you need a definitive call-to-action for your marketing
To make a name for yourself in luxury real estate, you need to be prepared for the market. Become comfortable with the properties you’ll be selling, and understand the market fully before you commit to a career in the industry. Once you’ve established your understanding, make sure you’re prepared for the clients. Do your research and make sure you’re marketing to your target audience.
Jay Macklin first entered the world of real estate in 2006. In the time since then, Jay founded Desert Platinum Properties, alongside his wife. This has subsequently been converted to Platinum Living Realty. Today, Platinum Living Realty has 4 offices and 150 agents. Jay is passionate about educating agents and helping them achieve great results, and is one of the 2 Phoenix are certified coaches for the Craig Proctor coaching program.
To find out more about Jay, head to www.searchhousesinscottsdale.com
You can also email him on email@example.com