In today’s world, celebrity sells. Why is the celebrity seal of approval such a big deal in luxury real estate? What are the things you should be doing to better align your branding with your messaging? What does it take to get a celebrity in your corner? On this episode, we are joined by marketing consultant and founder of Radio and Television Experts, Matt Wagner, who shares on the celebrity connection in luxury real estate.
"You have to think like today's consumer thinks." -Matt Wagner
Takeaways + Tactics
- Online sellers are doing their homework more than ever, especially on the luxury side.
- The “white-out rule” in testimonials: if you can white-out your name and put the name of any other agent in the quote, it’s a bad quote. Don’t use it.
- Diversify your portfolio. Mix luxury and high-end with lower-end listings to get the cash flow going.
At the start of the show Matt shared on marketing properties on radio and television, and how to create an urgency about selling a property. Next we talked about the power of celebrity endorsements and why it is so important to remember that people do a lot of due diligence these days. Towards the end of the show we talked about the necessity of audits and optimization.
We also discussed:
- How to get into a celebrity circle of trust
- The importance of having a branding-messaging match
- The power of telling a story
A celebrity endorsement is a seal of approval like no other. When someone with a lot of clout and respect puts their stamp on someone, it immediately communicates trust and credibility. People aren’t just Googling people anymore, they dig deeper and actually do their due diligence. Make sure your testimonials aren’t too general, or you’ll seem like every other agent out there. Put yourself in the consumer’s shoes so you can understand the things they look out for and the things that get you taken off the list.
Matt is the owner of Radio And Television Experts. He has become known around the industry as the premier consultant for helping top agents effectively use media to become local celebrities in their area and create a steady flow of easily converted prospects. Go to http://www.radioandtelevisionexperts.com/ for more information.