A lot of agents are operating like amateurs, and it shows in the results they are getting. How do you level up and become a pro in this business? How can you use Facebook marketing to get quality leads? How do find out who your target avatar is? On this episode, entrepreneur and host of the GSD Mode podcast, Josh Smith, talks about the component of success so many agents miss.
Generalists make a living. Luxury Specialists get wealthy. -Michael LaFido
Takeaways + Tactics
- If you do open houses the same way as everyone else, you won’t succeed. Pre-marketing the property to create demand and attention is very important.
- When you jump into the unknown without taking the time to educate yourself, you can get taken advantage of by the people you outsource. Know enough so you can spot the red flags.
- Create Facebook ads so specific that you can eliminate people who would not be interested.
At the start of the show, Josh shared how he got started in real estate and what inspired his podcast, GSD Mode. Next we talked about why real estate will always be a people-based industry, even with the rise of tech. We also covered the importance of being a specialist.
We also discussed:
- Why it’s important to focus on what you can control
- How to strategically set up your open houses to get more results
- Lead ads and retargeting
There’s a huge difference between the people who achieve massive success and the people who just talk about it. The latter obsess over the things money buys them, and the former obsess over the processes that lead to success. The money follows their actions. With whatever marketing tactic or business strategy you’re using, divide and conquer. Go deep, peel back the onion, and master what you’re doing. This is how you create massive success.
Joshua Smith is a Realtor and serial entrepreneur based in Phoenix, AZ. Joshua is one of the top Realtors in the world while running many other successful companies. Go to http://www.gsdmode.com/ for more information.