Many agents hold themselves back from the luxury side of real estate because they either don’t have enough confidence to try it, or they are transaction-based and not looking at their overall long-term business. How can we build our confidence? How and where do we start to break into the luxury market? What do we need to think about when it comes to marketing? In this episode, Amit Bhuta explains how he got started and became successful in the luxury market, and shares some insight on creative marketing tactics.
Many agents want to get to the next level, but don’t have the confidence to get there. The first thing you have to do is believe that you belong there. -Amit Bhuta
Takeaways + Tactics
- If we don’t take the opportunity to learn, we will miss out on the opportunity to grow. When we grow our knowledge we grow our confidence.
- We can start to break into the luxury market by going to brokers’ open houses. We can expand on what we know about the luxury market as well as build rapport with agents who are already in the market.
- If we want to be a great luxury agent, we can’t only do luxury-level marketing on certain properties. We need our marketing to be consistent across all of our listings so that we can gain the respect, trust and appeal of a consistent brand.
On this episode we discussed how agents can break into the luxury market, and what we can do to build our knowledge of and, by extension, our confidence within the luxury space. We also spoke about how can use social media to get ourselves out there as well as the importance of consistent marketing for brand management.
We also shared insights on:
- How to grow our confidence
- How to start breaking into the luxury market
- Why we need consistent marketing to be a great luxury agent
The hesitation a lot of agents have when it comes to expanding into the luxury market mainly comes from a lack of confidence. We can overcome this and become capable and confident luxury agents by taking opportunities and initiatives to grow our knowledge of the market. By going to brokers’ open houses, getting ourselves out there on social media, building relationships with other luxury agents in a genuine and giving way, we start to break into luxury real estate.
Amit Bhuta, Real Estate Advisor at Compass and Creative Marketer, has lived in South Florida for over 40 years and truly loves everything about his Miami home. With a deep passion for his career in real estate and genuine enthusiasm for his hometown, Amit’s expertise and candor throughout the process of buying or selling a home is something that his clients consistently value. Amit’s background in sales management led him to transition into the field of real estate nearly 15 years ago. With a strong network of agents in all 50 states and 57 countries, Amit’s professional reputation has awarded him a large referral and resource network stretching around the globe. He specializes in South Florida real estate from Miami Beach to Pinecrest and works with his high-end clientele to find the best luxury property for their needs. Whether he is assisting sellers, first-time homebuyers, or those looking for an additional investment, Amit’s knowledge of the community along with his adept marketing skills allow him to provide his clients with impeccable service from start to finish. Amit holds a degree in Finance from Florida International University.