A lot of people in real estate are taught that they can and should do it all alone. Why is this misleading? How can you use systems to free up time and actually make you wealthier? What does it take to really grow a business? On this episode, we talk to coach and business growth specialist, Alex Charfen, who shares his journey and one thing all real estate business owners should know.
Any successful person in business that has grown an empire, has done it with the help of other people. -Alex Charfen
Takeaways + Tactics
- Once you start making money, ask yourself what you can do to start making things easier for yourself.
- If you don’t build leverage or a team, you’ll make a decent living but only for a while.
- Determine what part of the business you love. Then build structure, processes and people around everything else.
- The discipline of gratitude is a huge part of recovering after a difficult time.
At the start of the show Alex shared how he got into real estate, the incredible story of overcoming the challenges of two hurricanes and the 2007 crash. Next, we talked about one of the biggest impediments to the growth of real estate businesses. We also discussed the issue with a great deal of real estate coaching programs out there and why you need to stop listening to them.
We also discussed:
- How to build an organization around yourself
- The importance of outsourcing and delegating
- Why a real estate business can be a trap
Real estate agents are taught that they need to do everything themselves, and that they are in a self-sufficient business. As a result, many agents are control freaks, hindering their ability to grow a business and build an empire. You can do pretty well on your own, but to get to real wealth, you can’t close yourself into a bubble of productivity. If you really want to grow the business, build an organization around yourself. Stop listening to people that put you in the loop of doing the same things over and over again.
Alex is the CEO of the Charfen Institute and the author of The Entrepreneurial Personality Type as well as Momentum, set to publish in early 2018. He is a widely-known business growth specialist and coach. Go to http://www.charfen.com/ for more information.